The following was submitted by Julia Strange, CEO of Benson Hospital
To Our Benson Community,
It is important for us to communicate to you that Benson Hospital and its associated clinics are actively preparing for the COVID-19 crisis. We are working with our local, state and federal partners to ensure we have the resources we need to meet the challenge ahead.
We are taking proactive steps to protect our staff, patients and, ultimately, our entire community. Below are some things we would like you to know:
1. A resource page has been created at www.tmcaz.com/bensonhealthcare/community/about-covid19 with key information from the Cochise County Health Department and also specific to Benson Hospital.
2. The state has established a COVID-19 hotline staffed with health care providers who can answer questions about testing, symptoms and other questions about the virus.
3. We are offering the community $20 telehealth virtual visits through TMC Now. Please use the following coupon code: spring20. A medical doctor is available through this program for 24/7 online visits from the comfort of your home. https://www.tmcaz.com/tmc-now
4. The Benson Hospital Family Health Clinic and the Care Clinic located in Safeway continue to operate with their normal business hours.
5. Please utilize the Benson Hospital Emergency Department for emergent health issues. If you are seeking COVID-19 screenings, please check with your primary care provider or with one of the telephonic or virtual visit programs.
6. Hospital visiting policies are changing. If you want to visit a patient at Benson Hospital:
Do not visit if you have a fever, cold or flu symptoms.
a. No visitors under the age of 13.
b. Only one visitor is allocated at a time.
c. General inpatient visiting hours are restricted to 10 am and 2 pm. Please call the hospital to request special accommodation for visits outside of that time.
7. If you have questions about a bill, please call (520) 720-6519 during normal business hours.
8. If you have questions about medical records, make a request at www.bensonhospital.org or call (520) 720-6520, option #3 during normal business hours.
It’s also important for the community to know that many Tucson hospitals, including Tucson Medical Center, are restricting visitors. Please check the hospital’s website before planning a visit to your loved ones.
We are here to serve and support you through this public health crisis. We appreciate your understanding of these extraordinary measures being put in place to protect our patients and staff.